STATEMENT OF FAITH
The following is the Doctrinal Statement of Faith of Soldiers of Christ.
1. Our belief is that the Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God and inerrant in their writing. They are the final words on the aspects of faith and the will of God ( 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
2. We believe in one true and living God. We believe He is excellent in His infinity. We believe the Godhead has three distinct personalities united as one--God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. They are one in substance and share equality in all divine perfection (Exodus 20:2-3; 1 Corinthians 8:6).
3. We believe Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. He was divine as no other man could possibly obtain. He existed from eternity sharing equality with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He never once while on earth ceased to be God. His being humiliated did not consist of His deity being set aside. He was approve human by the Holy Spirit so He could fully pay for all our sins (John 1:1-2; 1 John 5:20; Matthew 1:20).
4. We believe God created Adam in His holy image. He was created innocent, but by transgression, he did plunge all of humanity into sin. This with it comes condemnation and death. He who knew no sin became sin for us. All of humankind is born into sin and has no excuse before God (Genesis 3; Romans 5:10-19, 1:20-21).
5. We believe the only atonement for sin is through the finished work of Jesus on the cross. His suffering, death, and resurrection paid the price required by God for the sin of man to bring us back into a right relationship with Him. Salvation is provided for man based on Faith and Grace. All man has to do is believe in the name of Jesus and confess their sins (Hebrews 10:4-14; Acts 16:30-33; John 1:3, 14).
6. We believe in the fact that the Holy Spirit is a divine person. He is on an equal basis with the Father and Son. He convicts us of sin, bestows righteousness, and judgment. He bears infallible witness to the truth that He bestows on a believer at his new birth. At that time He seals, guides, teaches, provides witness to, sanctifies and provides help to every true believer of Christ as Savior (2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:6; Romans 8:14-27).
7. We believe in God being the creative force behind the heavens and earth. This includes all aspects of life, "each after its own kind." This was done by speaking it into existence or molding it Himself according to the Genesis account and not some act of evolution (Genesis 1-2; Colossians 1:16-17; John 1:3).
8. We believe that all who believe in Jesus and accept Him as Savior are reborn from heaven and they are eternally secure in the Lord Jesus. This security is based on the mighty word of God (2 Timothy 1:12; Romans 8:35-39; 1 Corinthians 3:13-15).